Monday, August 20, 2018

Final Days and Summary


I've done a full week of cooking before, and I generally start out strong and then lag at the end.  This is definitely the case this time.  On day 8 I made the souffle and SW chicken burgers.  All that was left was the falafel and some vacuum sealing.  The falafels are easy, but I took me almost a week to get around to making them.  I took me a few more days past that to get around to vacuum sealing the last of the food.  Also my notes are getting sparse, and I have fewer pictures.



Day 1: Shopping
Day 2: Chicken and Brisket
Day 3: Jambalaya and More Brisket
Day 4: Veggie Crepes, Potato Tacos and Gyros
Days 5 & 6: Veggie Crepes Continued and Thai Chicken
Day 7: Pierogi, Lentil Joes, and Black Bean Burgers
Final Days and Summary

Day 8 - Wednesday

2:00 - I vacuum seal the pierogi, Thai burgers and black bean burgers.  I did this in the afternoon, so I could take the vacuum sealer downstairs while the baby took a nap.  The vacuum sealing went must faster this way.

2:30 - The vacuum sealing is done.

3:00 - I start making the cheese souffle.

4:40 - The souffle batter is done and cooling while I take a break.


5:00 - I divide the cooled batter into containers and get them into the freezer.  I get started on the SW Turkey burgers.  In the past I've made these with ground chicken, but it seems ground chicken is not readily available where I live now.  I decided to make them with ground turkey, which is more common.  I was worried about the taste because I haven't like turkey burgers in the past, but they were still delicious.

6:30 - The SW turkey burgers are done and in the freezer.

Day 9 - Tuesday

While I cook dinner I made the falafels.  Since I was working on dinner while making the falafel I don't have the exact timing for making them, but they took about 30 minutes.

Day 10 - Monday

I spent 20 minutes vacuum sealing the last items in the freezer.

Final Tally

Total time: 24 hours 45 minutes
Total Days: 10
Total Cost: $420.14
Total Meals: 76

Average Time per Day: 2 hours 29 minutes
Average Time per Meal: 19.5 minutes
Average Cost per Meal: $5.52




No comments:

Post a Comment