Monday, August 6, 2018

Days 5 & 6: Veggie Crepes Continued and Thai Chicken



Day 1: Shopping
Day 2: Chicken and Brisket
Day 3: Jambalaya and More Brisket
Day 4: Veggie Crepes, Potato Tacos and Gyros
Days 5 & 6: Veggie Crepes Continued and Thai Chicken
Day 7: Pierogi, Lentil Joes, and Black Bean Burgers
Final Days and Summary

Sunday

Day 5 was on a Sunday, and during the day I didn't do much other than go to church and take a nap.  All this cooking is tiring!  In the evening I got back to work.



5:00 pm - I make the avocado salsa for the potato chorizo tacos and get that into the freezer.

5:25 - The salsa is done and we have some of it with potato chorizo tacos for dinner.  I reserved some of the filling I made yesterday for dinner today.


8:25 - My kids are in bed and it's time to start making the crepes for my veggie blintzes.  I made the filling yesterday.  This recipe is in the experimental phase, so I'm not sure how many I will need.  I start by making a double batch of crepes.

9:30 - I'm done cooking crepes, having eaten a few as I made them.  It's time to start filling and folding the blintzes.

9:55 - I'm done making blintzes with the crepes I have.  I do have a little more filling, and one more batch of crepes would more than enough to use up the rest of the filling.  I don't think anyone has ever objected to having too many crepes.  I'm going to make another double batch, but first I'm going to take a short break.


10:15 - I get started making crepes again.

10:50 - All the crepes are made and the rest of the filling is folded into blintzes.  My husband also came in and ate several crepes, and we have several left for breakfast tomorrow.

Time Spent Today: 2 hours 10 minutes
Total time: 18 hours 30 minutes

Meals Finished Today: 3
Total Meals So Far: 42

My husband had to pick up another package of ground chicken for me, since Walmart didn't have enough to fill my order adding another $4.49 to the amount I've spent.

Money spent so far: $394.54



Monday

We started our day off right with leftover crepes for breakfast.

12:50 - I get started making Thai Chicken Burgers.  This takes a little longer than expected because the recipe does not give measurements for the salt and pepper in the raw meat.  Proper seasoning is essential to delicious food, so I would make a little ball of the meat, cook it, taste it, add salt and pepper then continue this process until I was satisfied.  I did make a note of the amount of salt and pepper so I can skip this step in the future.


2:30 - The chicken burgers are done and in the freezer.  I have a lot of food in the freezer that needs to be vacuum sealed, so it's time to work on that.  I vacuum seal the gyros, salsa, blintzes, taco filling, jambalaya and more French dip.  My freezer is in the basement, so my legs are getting a workout taking all this food up and down the stairs.  I realized as I was vacuum sealing the last batch that I should take the vacuum sealer downstairs instead.  It would be much faster.  I will keep that in mind for the future, although I will have to vacuum seal during my toddler's nap as I don't trust her to be upstairs without my supervision for as long as it took me to vacuum seal everything.


3:35 - I'm done vacuum sealing and for the day.

We have some of the Thai Chicken Burgers for dinner.  They were delicious!  I look forward to posting about them.



Time Spent Today: 2 hours 45 minutes
Total time: 21 hours 15 minutes

Meals Finished Today: 3
Total Meals So Far: 45

No comments:

Post a Comment