Thursday, July 21, 2016

Corn Crepes

We finished off the last of these tasty corn crepes a couple nights ago.  In fact the freezer is starting to look a little sparse.  I'm gearing up do my once a month cooking over the next couple days.  The grocery shopping is done and I will be doing the chopping, shredding and mincing this afternoon.  I'm looking forward to having some new variety in our meal rotation.


Difficulty: Moderate
Category: Simple Side

Recipe Column: AF

Get the recipe at Smitten Kitchen.

To freeze:
Cool the crepes and divide into dinner-sized stacks.  I generally plan on two to three crepes per person.  Wrap each stack tightly in plastic wrap or place in freezer bags and freeze.

To serve:
Thaw the crepes overnight in the refrigerator.  Remove from the plastic wrap or bag and place on a plate.  Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of water on a clean kitchen towel and cover the crepes.  Microwave in 2 minute bursts at 70% power until hot.  The recipe linked above has a few serving suggestions.  I initially tried the crepe cake with the mayo and queso fresco because I love Mexican corn.  I found the mayo and cheese overpowered the delicate corn flavor of the crepes.  My preferred serving method is just to fold them up and serve with a little sprinkle of queso fresco.  We had it with avocado cucumber salad.  I also think it would be good with a fresh tomato salad.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Katie! We visited Kimee & Aubrey. They're doing your freezer meals. They shared three different ones when we visited. They were amazing. Dinner was ready in just a few minutes. My favorite of all time are the papooses. I've seen their busy work schedules. These are perfect. They even found a "Very Large Bowl" at Grandma's house.
    I'm impressed by how well and thoroughly it's organized. I'm going to download the spreadsheet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked the meals so much. Do you mean that the pierogies were your favorite? I know you also had the broccoli, sausage pasta. What was the third meal?

      Delete