Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Korean Fried Chicken


I love this spicy and sweet fried chicken.  It's one of my favorite meals.  It's a part of my series on making and using frozen breaded chicken cutlets.



Korean Fried Chicken adapted from Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Make a sauce by combining:

1 tbsp fresh minced ginger (the pre-minced ginger available in a lot of supermarket produce aisles makes this way easier)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup gochujang* (Korean chile paste)
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil

Fry 2 Breaded Chicken Cutlets.

Dip the fried chicken in the sauce as it comes out of the frying pan.  Place the chicken cutlets on a rack placed on a cookie sheet to allow the excess sauce and oil to drain off.

*You can make the sauce hotter or milder by adjusting the amount of chile paste.  Or, if you like varying levels of heat in your family, you can make a mild sauce, dip some of the chicken and add more chile paste to make a hotter sauce for the rest.

I love this meal served with these roasted carrots with avocados.  In fact I'm kind of obsessed with that recipe in general.  But in particular the sweetness of the roasted carrot and the creaminess of the avocado makes it a lovely contrast and compliment to the sweet, spicy, crunchiness of the chicken.

I don't bother with the dressing, yogurt, sprouts or seeds.  I just do the roasted carrots with the avocados.  I do serve it with some orange and lemon wedges to squeeze over the vegetables and salt and pepper to sprinkle on as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment