Friday, July 20, 2018

Mascarpone Walnut Pasta

I used to make this dish a lot before I started freezer cooking.  It's delicious and easy.  It was nice to have it again while we were waiting for our freezer.  I briefly considered working on a casserole version of this dish, but it's so fast and easy it doesn't seem worth it.  I didn't think to take a picture.  The last time I made it, so you'll have to use your imagination. :)

Mascarpone Walnut Pasta

From: Great Pasta Sauces

Serves 6

1 lb pasta (I live campanelle, but you can use something else)

4 tbsp butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
8 oz mascarpone
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
salt and pepper


  1. Put the pasta on to boil according to the package instructions.
  2. In a large frying pan melt the butter.  Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
  3. Add the walnuts and gently stir for 3 to 4 minutes until they are toasted.  Be careful not to burn!
  4. Stir in the mascarpone then the parmesan.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.
  5. Add the cooked pasta and toss to combine.
This is very tasty served with a bacon and spinach salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment